Prof. Melanie Simms
Adam Smith Business School, Glasgow.
Melanie is Professor of Work and Employment.
Prior to joining the University of Glasgow, she worked at the University of Leicester, University of Warwick, University of Kent, Cardiff University and the University of Oxford.
Her research interests include:
- Young workers’ transitions into work
- Employment policy to support young workers e.g. apprenticeships
- Employer engagement with labour market policies
- Worker voice, especially through trade unions
- Trade union renewal in the UK and internationally